Future Packaging offers a wide range of strapping products for various applications from heavy duty steel strapping, Pet strapping, Polypropylene and polywoven strapping. Strapping comes in a combination of different sizes, lengths, widths and breaking strength. When selecting strapping, one should take into consideration the weight of the product.We carry the following types of strapping in stock:
Polypropylene Hand strapping is mainly used in manual applications and offer security to boxes. This strapping is suitable for lighter items that are in need of added security. Different seals are used to secure the strapping and we also offer tooling options.
- Semi-Automatic Strapping:
Polypropylene Semi-Automatic strapping is used for securing lighter boxes or parcels and is used specifically with a Semi-Automatic strapping machine. No Seals or buckles are used in this application.
- Fully Automatic Strapping:
Polypropylene Fully Automatic strapping is used for securing light to medium boxes or parcels. Used specifically with Fully Automatic Strapping Machine. No seal or buckles are used in this application.
Polypropylene Pallet Strapping offers good security for medium to heavier items. Used for strapping pallets. This strapping is mainly used in logistical and agricultural applications. We offer various tooling.
Polypropylene (PET) Strapping is used for heavier products. Predominantly used in pallet applications. Shipping and freight companies use this to their advantage because of the strength to weight ratio. Also suitable replacement for steel strapping. We offer various automated tooling.
Polywoven strapping secures heavy loads and is used by freight companies. This is a soft nylon woven strapping design not to damage strapped products. We offer various tooling.
Steel strapping is used for heavier products. Predominantly used in engineering and mining sector for securing pallets of steel. We have various manual tooling available.
Cord strapping is used as an alternative to Steel or Pet strapping, for very heavy items. Predominantly used for freight and cargo exporters. Other strapping equipment includes:
- Strapping Seals
- Open Seals are designed for securing hand & pallet strapping and has an opening for easy utilisation. These seals consist of mild steel.
- Closed Seals are designed for securing steel strapping and are closed in design because it is easier to use on steel strapping. These seals consist of mild steel.
- Long Seals are designed for securing steel strapping and are closed in design because it is easier to use on steel strapping. These seals consist of mild steel.
- Strapping Buckles
- Wire Buckles are used as an alternative to seals in strapping applications. Comes in various sizes suited for strapping widths. Buckles are made from steel.
- Poly Buckles are plastic buckles used in the strapping of very light applications. Poly Buckles is hand tensioned with no tooling required.
- Strapping Tools
- Tensioners are used to tension strapping. This tool is used in conjunction with a crimper to finally secure the strap to the load of the product.
- This tool is a 2 in 1 where tensioning and crimping is performed in one operation. Used 12mm to 19mm polypropylene (hand) strapping.
- This tool is used to crimp the metal seal to the strapping after tensioning to secure to load.
Future Packaging is a proudly South African company that has been in the packaging industry since 1997. We offer a full line of strapping and packaging equipment with a wide range of machines.
At future Packaging, we also pride ourselves on our friendly efficient approach to our customers.
Contact us for more information.